Thursday, April 23, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

We found a great club that's outside...right by the beach!
Matt & I were quite excited.
Melissa and I were laying on the beach and realized this could be a cool picture. This is my first attempt at creative photography.
Cartwheels on the beach!
I did not use zoom for this picture. This guy was literally right next to my car. Along with many of his friends.
These rhinos looked like they were about to get into a fight.
Thankfully, they never did.

Sorry I haven't posted for so long. It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Cory and I just realized that we've already been living here for 3 weeks. I cannot believe how quickly the time has already gone by. We've met some great people, ranging from bartenders, real-estate agents all the way to full-time golfers. (Dad, I've already got a crew of guys you can go out on the golf course with!) We've explored lots of cities. Ft. Lauderdale, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Plantation, Hollywood, etc. I haven't made it down to Miami yet but I've been told that it's basically just more traffic and even more expensive restaurants. We are definitely hoping to make a trip down to the Keys sometime soon. It's only a 3 hour drive to Key West...about 1.5 hours to Key Largo. Even the Bahamas are close...just a 30 minute plane ride!

We've already had some visitors from Minnesota! My good friend Melissa and her boyfriend Charlie came down just a few days after we got here. They stayed with us Wednesday through Sunday and we had a great time! We went on a safari at Lion Country Safari. You actually drive your own car through the safari and the animals can get as close to the car as they'd like. It's pretty strange having to stop the car to let a rhino cross the road. We spent Easter at Rapids Waterpark and had a blast. I felt like we were 10 years old. Some of those rides got us pretty excited!

The day after Melissa and Charlie left, Cory's mom came down for 5 days. We had a blast with her. All she really wanted to do was lay at the beach so she wasn't too hard to entertain.

It's funny to me that I couldn't get people to drive 4 hours to Iowa City for a visit...but now everyone is hoppin' on a plane to come down here. I guess that's how it works when you live somewhere with a little more atmosphere than corn, cows and bars.

0 comments: