Thursday, April 2, 2009

I never want to sit in a car again...

Well...that's definitely not a possibility, but I am VERY sick of the car. We left yesterday morning at 8 a.m. and drove to Memphis. With 4 stops and lunch it took us 12.5 hours...which was better than we expected. We had a great time in Memphis with Marian, her sisters and some other friends. I lived with Marian in Prague and have only been to Memphis once to visit. It had been over 2 years since I'd seen her and I had missed her SO much! We went to the Flying Saucer...a restaurant with an awesome beer garden. For the second night in a row, we got about 4 hours of sleep and hit the road again. We planned on driving straight through to our new home. However, the storms down here are insane and we just couldn't drive anymore. The rain was so hard that almost every car had their flashers on and was going about 30 or 40 on the interstate. People were in the ditches from hydroplaning and the lightening was so bright that it was almost blinding. Not gonna lie...I was crying and shaking in my car. So now we're sitting in a hotel about 6 hours from Delray Beach. Time for bed so we can get up at 3 a.m. and get to our new home!!! (and we both desperately need some beach time and a tan)

0 comments: