Thursday, June 25, 2009

We hope the summer never ends...

I cannot believe that it's already June 25th. (Happy 32nd Anniversary, Mom & Dad!) I feel like we just moved to Florida two weeks ago. It's almost been 3 months already! I've met so many great people and have truly been the happiest that I've been in years. This whole experience has opened my eyes to what seems like a whole new life. New cultures, new environment, new job, more friends, etc. We had quite the scare this past Monday. Cory's company informed us that we were moving to either Fargo or Sioux Falls the following Friday. We were in shock and really didn't want to believe it. But nonetheless, we started making travel plans and phone calls letting people know we'd be back in the midwest in just a few days. Then as quickly as they informed us we'd be moving, APX told us we were staying in Florida. Thank god my work is understanding because within a 24 hour period, I'd put in a 5 day notice and then basically said, "Just Kidding! I'm staying!" It really all was quite an eye opener though. It was the first time I'd been upset in 3 months. It made me realize how much I love it here and how great my new friends are. We were supposed to have my "going away" party at work tonight. So instead...we're going to have a "yay! you're not leaving" party!

We have a few friends coming down here for the 4th of July and we still need to figure out exactly what our plan is for that weekend. Cory's cousin, Jeremy, had his girlfriend move down here about 3 weeks ago. Her name is Toni and we have become great friends. We instantly clicked and we have so much fun together! We all bought Incubus tickets for a show they're playing in Miami in August. A few of their friends from Minnesota are coming down for that as well! As far as travel plans go...I'm saving some bucks and hoping to go to New Hampshire in August to visit the Lemieux's. Cory and I are planning a trip to Minnesota to see our families in September/October. We're hoping to spend at least 2 weeks visiting everyone. Just in time for Dera's wedding, MSU Homecoming and Kristin's birthday!

An open invite still stands for anyone who needs an escape to South Florida. If no one comes before December, Christmas will be spent on the beach! ;-)

1 comments:

Nana said...

I'm thinking that I don't like that Christmas threat! Hey, Mere...how about some pics of the new cat? Is DelRay a kitten or cat? Where did you get him?