Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Counting down...

I officially have 17 days left in Iowa. There are a few things I will miss...and there are many things that I am so excited for in the next couple months.

I will miss:

  • My coworkers at Hawkeye. Many of them have kept me sane for the past year. I know that when I come to work, I always have someone to talk to.
  • Waitressing at Eggy's. If I wouldn't have started working at Eggy's last July, I would have missed out on meeting a lot of great people. I am never excited to go to work there after working for 8 hours at Hawkeye...but the second I walk in the door, I'm happy to be there.
  • The crazy things my roommate says...and how she mis-pronounces everything. It cracks me up every night.
  • My insane Iowa City friends. I don't see them much these days...but they will be missed.

Well, I thought that list would be longer. Looks like I'm ready for some change.

I cannot wait for:

  • The beach. I have loved the beach since the first time I saw it. I love knowing that I will be able to look at it everyday.
  • A different schedule. I'm saying goodbye to the 8 - 5! I will be able to get up, get errands done, get a work out in, eat some lunch and then start working. I think I will love it!
  • Being with Cory everyday. He knows how to calm me down if I'm stressed and make laugh no matter what the situation is. He is spontaneous...which not many people in Iowa seem to be...and I need that in my life!
  • Always having something to do. I get so bored here. And being bored is something that does not mix well with me.
  • Making money. I haven't gotten 'ahead' since I was in college.
  • Being HAPPY!
  • If I like working for APX this summer...I will more than likely have September through March off work. (to travel!) That's like early retirement. I think it will also be a little bit like heaven.

March 13th can't come sooner! ♥

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will miss you to Missy!!!! Keep in touch, and know there are people in Iowa that miss you!sja